Sleep in the Nude

Who would've thought this one, but sleeping naked fuels your metabolism.
I was wondering myself if sleeping naked would help a person lose weight. The reasoning I have for thinking this is this. The undergarments that we wear, especially the underwear, it's so very restrictive on what seems likely to be very important organs (perhaps even the penis? needs further study..). So, remove the undergarment. Increase the blood flow. Enhance all functions of the body for eight hours per night.
 
Seems logical to me. Now when I started looking into it, the fact is that sleep in the nude DOES help you fight infection and lose body fat. The reasoning, however, is a little bit different from mine.
 
Experts say that the body likes to be about a half degree lower while you sleep. It helps the brain waves do (whatever they need to do while you're sleeping). When you sleep without clothes on, you effective remove one layer of clothing (b/c you'll probably still use a sheet or blanket), and you facilitate the lowering of your body temperature faster and for longer. 
There is an apparent long list of benefits for sleeping in the nude, I did it last night and I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment