Physical Health- Introduction


Physical health can be categorized in many ways. It all depends on how you like to go at it. I categorize physical health into four categories.

1) Sleep
2) Stress Management
3) Nutrition
4) Exercise

I have noticed something in particular about how our society, particularly the media, portrays physical health. That guy or gal on the TV screen is… impressive. He has a six-pack abs without exercise. She thrives off of nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol (sometimes in that order, sometimes not). Neither have had more that a few hours of sleep in days, but somehow, just somehow, they are still winning.

Impressive? Yes. Real? No. The sad part is that most people think a single pronged approach is the solution. In reality, we need to stab at it with the four-pronged approach: sleep, stress management, nutrition, and exercise.

That is why I am writing a four part series on physical health. Over the next four weeks I will shed some light on the important aspects of health that each person is responsible for achieving and maintaining in his or her life. Don’t take my exact word for it. I’ll tap into WebMD, Mayo Clinic, and other credible sources to bring you the best information.

I look forward to it!

-Strength of GIF

No comments:

Post a Comment